Kelleys Island General Store is a family owned storefront located in the heart of downtown Kelleys Island. We've proudly served residents and visitors of the island since 1978. With products ranging from souvenirs to sundries, you'll find a little of everything in the island's largest variety store.
Kelleys Island can be found in the western basin of Lake Erie, approximately three and one-half miles north of Marblehead, Ohio. This popular island getaway attracts families, tourists, and outdoor enthusiasts from around the world.
We are currently hiring full-time sales associates for the 2018 summer season. If you are available at any time this summer, don't miss your opportunity to live and work on Kelleys Island! With a great location, casual atmosphere, competitive pay and opportunities for advancement, this is one experience you don't want to miss!
The Sales Associate is a key employee in maintaining exemplary customer service. He/She is responsible for serving customers timely and accurately while balancing tasks such as merchandising, stocking, pricing, cleaning, and organizing. The Sales Associate works with management to increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
- Providing prompt and courteous customer service
- Receiving, handling, managing, and merchandising inventory
- Maintaining cleanliness and basic upkeep throughout the store
- Ringing sales, handling cash, and processing other forms of payment
- Working irregular hours such as shifts, holidays, and weekends
- Attending periodic meetings, collaborating, and sharing ideas
- Performing duties timely and with minimal supervision
- Maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor
- Working and communicating well with others
- Reporting on time and ready to work
- Must be physically able to perform essential duties
- Bending, twisting, and reaching for merchandise
- Standing or walking for up to 8 hours/day
- Pulling, pushing, and lifting heavy objects
- Climbing ladders to retrieve storage
- Must be legally able to perform essential duties
- Requires a valid Driver's License
- Must be age 18 or older
Housing on Kelleys Island is both limited and expensive. There are no bridges connecting the island to the mainland; our location is only accessible by air or water. The Kelleys Island Ferry Boat is a preferred method of transportation for both individuals and automobiles traveling to and from the island.
Since this commute can be costly and time-consuming, Kelleys Island General Store provides shared housing for its staff. The housing is less than a one minute walk from work and will be shared by up to four other employees. Each worker will have their own fully furnished bedroom with a locking door. The kitchen is fully equipped with a stove, oven, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Pots, pans, dishes, glasses, and silverware are also provided. The housing is newly renovated, air-conditioned, and has 1.5 bathrooms. TV/Cable is not provided, but the housing does have free WiFi internet. Rooms are single occupancy and available to employees at a rate of $50/week, utilities included.